If you are overweight, the chances are that you have a double chin. The area under chin plumps out once you start to gain some weight. However, excess weight is not the sole cause of double chin. Sometimes aging too can lead to a double chin due to the simple fact that musculous mylohyoideus, the mucous membrane underneath your chin loses its elasticity. If you are neither an aging person nor obese, then your double chin may be hereditary.
While there are some medical procedures you can undergo to eliminate double chin, they can be costly. There are many easier natural ways to get rid of double chin fast that are painless and pocket-friendly. If you would love to learn more about them, read on
Massaging your neck with wheat germ oil is a very effective way you can use to do away with double chin fast. It is loaded with folic acid, vitamin B6, vitamin B complex, phosphorous, potassium, and magnesium. Not only does it help in eliminating double chin but it is also among thebest oils for aging. Wheat germ helps in tightening your sagging skin. To use it:
- Take some oil from wheat germ.
- Massage the chin and neck before you go to sleep with the oil.
- Make sure that you massage for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Leave the oil there overnight.
- Repeat this process daily before retiring to bed.
2. Vitamin E
Vitamin E has proved to be very beneficial for skin. It increases the skin elasticity preventing it from sagging. Dairy products, soybeans, nuts, sweet corn, barley, apples, rye, brown rice, green leafy vegetables are good sources of vitamin E. Try as much as you can, to include these foods in your daily diet. Also, you can make use of supplements to increase your daily intake of vitamin E.
On the other hand, you can also massage the area around your chin with vitamin E oil. It will stimulate circulation and also tighten your skin. Toning up of muscles and more blood means lesser sagging.
3. Egg White
Loaded with protein, egg white is an excellent natural remedy for tightening of the skin. It helps in tightening the pores to do away with lines and sagging. It is also useful in eliminating dead skin cells. Making an egg white face mask and applying it on your chin will not only assist you to do away with double chin but will also bring glow and youthfulness to your face. To apply it:
- Mix egg white, honey, milk, lemon juice and peppermint together.
- Apply the mixture on your neck, chin and face.
- Leave it for about 30 minutes or until it dry’s completely.
- Use lukewarm water to wash off.
4. Green Tea
Green tea contains some antioxidants that quicken the metabolism process. It thus helps in burning those extra calories hence increasing skin elasticity. Take a cup of green tea at least three times daily. Besides, you can also use tea bags of green tea to massage on the area around your chin.
Drink plenty of water to reduce the appearance of jowls and lose weight. Research has proven that lack of water can lead to one adding weight and result in the double chin. Therefore, it is vital that you try and drink at least eight to ten glasses of water a day. This will benefit your body by keeping it hydrated and remove unwanted toxins from your body. Along with taking water, also, increase the intake of foods that have high water content. Such foods include melons, celery, lettuce, and cucumbers.
6. Chin Exercises
Exercise to get rid of your double chin. Perhaps the leading cause of double chin is excess body fat. When a person adopts a lifestyle that lacks exercise, chin or face may be one of the first places the body will store its fat. Some exercises can be done to strengthen muscles in the affected area.
- Face forward with your mouth open, move your lower jaw to the right side and then lower it to the left five times.
- Press the tongues tip against the upper teeth with your mouth closed. Loosen the pressure and repeat ten times. This exercise should tighten all the muscles in front of the neck.
- Pronounce the five vowels in a loud voice opening your mouth. Repeat them five times.
- Neck Rotation. Do neck rotation two times daily to quickly get rid of double chin.
7. Cocoa Butter
When used on a regular basis, it will improve skin elasticity and help you to eliminate double chin. To apply it:
- Warm slightly a few tablespoons of cocoa butter.
- Massage the neck and the chin gently using the warm oil.
- Repeat this daily before bathing in the morning and before retiring to bed at night.
8. Sugar-Free Gum
It is important to give the muscles in line of the jaw a workout and keep the facial muscles toned to do away with double chin. Among the best ways you can do that is to chew gum that is free from sugar. To make the process of getting rid of double chin quicker, chew the sugarless gum a few times a day.
Glycerin has long been known to be an effective skin moisturizer. It also improves the stratum corneum barrier properties of the skin. You can make a mask naturally using glycerin to do away with your double chin.
- Make a mask by mixing a tablespoon of glycerin, some drops of peppermint oil and Epsom salt.
- Apply the mixture on the neck area and chin using a cotton pad.
- Leave it for some few minutes so that the skin can absorb it.
- Wash the area using lukewarm water thoroughly.
- Repeat this 3 to 5 time a week.
Melon has some beneficial properties that improve skin tone and prevents the area from collapsing. This prevents fat from accumulating. You can make use of this remedy for double chin and staffing in legs and arms. To apply it:
- Make lemon juice without water.
- Apply it in the affected area.
- Leave it for about twenty minutes and then wash it off.
Repeat this process daily.
Remember that the most important thing to avoid when getting rid of double chin is been overweight. So:
- Adopt healthy eating habit.
- Make exercise a part of your everyday routine.
- Take plenty of fluids.
- Stay away from sugars as much as possible.
- Take plenty of vegetables and fresh fruits.
Follow the remedies above and with no doubt you will get rid of the annoying and embarrassing double chin problem once and for all.