Acne in its numerous forms is one of the world’s most common health challenge despite not possing any grave danger to the overall human health. Some of its common forms include conglobate, Vulgaris, whiteheads and blackheads among others. Acne is a medical condition that affects anyone and thus doesn’t choose between people based on their gender, place of origin, skin color, etc.
Among the most common type of acne is the chest acne. In most cases it affects teenagers although any other age group may be affected as well. If you have been struggling with this stubborn condition and would like to get rid of chest acne fast and naturally, read on.
Here are 10 ways to get rid of chest acne fast and naturally:
1. Cinnamon and Honey
When it comes to getting read of chest acne, cinnamon can be a very effective remedy. This is because of the anti-microbial properties that it has. Anti-Microbial properties can be very useful in getting rid of the bacterium responsible for causing acne. On the other hand, honey does act as an antibiotic, so when you mix the two together, it can be a great combo.
- Follow the following guidelines while applying cinnamon and honey
- Wash the affected area on your chest with warm water
- Mix the cinnamon and the honey until you get a paste
- Apply it to the affected area on the chest and leave it for approximately 15 minutes
- Rinse your chest off completely and let it dry
You may not yet be aware of this, but toothpaste works wonders when it comes to chest acne treatment. Apart from the fact that it does clean teeth, its microbial properties can help in getting rid of bacteria found in the chest area that causes acne.
- Before going to bed at night, clean the affected area with warm water and thoroughly dry it.
- Apply toothpaste to the affected area and make sure you do it thoroughly.
- Leave it overnight
- Use cold water in the morning to rinse it off
- Make this a daily routine until acne dries out
3. Healthy Diet
People often ignore the power of healthy diet when it comes to treating acne. It has been proven that those people who eat more veggies and fruits have automatically lower chances of getting chest acne compared to those who eat more cholesterol and milk. Eating more nuts will help in eradicating acne. This is because it is rich in some anti-inflammatory agents like the omega 3 fatty acids. Omega 3 fatty acids can also be found in fish, mainly salmon, sardine, and herring. Eat lots of leafy greens; if possible it is better if you can eat them raw as oxygen damages the acid.
4. Drinking Extra Water
Water assists in flushing the toxins in the body and improves skin health. It is recommended that girls take 2.2 liters of water per day while boys take 3 liters. Along with drinking water, consider reducing sugar intake. This is because sugar results to insulin generation which in turn triggers a hormone that produces pimples.
5. Aloe Vera
If you would love to completely clear acne on chest, then Aloe Vera is extremely effective. It is rich in lectins, anthraquinones and polysaccharides that provide the therapeutic effect. Among the many reasons that make Aloe Vera effective is it’s soothing properties. If you feel that your acne is itchy, you can always count on Aloe Vera.
- Get a fresh Aloe Vera leaf and cut it into pieces
- Extract the gel and then apply it to the affected area on the chest
- Leave it for about 10 minutes and wait for it to dry
- Repeat this process for about two times a day.
6. Tea Tree Oil
The chances are that you already know that Tea Tree oil is an effective natural home remedy for chest acne treatment. It is high in antiseptic; this means that it can help in cleaning the pores naturally. It also helps in killing those bacteria that causes acne.
- Get a drop of Tea Tree oil on the affected area on the chest
- Rub it and leave it to dry
Repeat this process daily for at last three times
7. Salicylic Acid Soaps
Use those soaps that contain salicylic acid and cucumber as active ingredients. These ingredients act as drying agents; they don’t allow oil to clog the hair follicle or the pores. It is important to know that you should be careful not to rub your skin more harshly as it may lead to loss of body oil in an execessive way. Rub gently and it will help in removing dead skins from the affected area. A regular shower is essential as it helps in preventing accumulation of dead skin cells and oils.
8. Garlic Juice
Garlic does contain antibiotics that are effective in killing acne creating bacteria. Take a garlic clove and peel the skin off. Crush the already peeled clove and place it on the area affected by acne. You will notice that after repeating this for a few days, the area will be healed quite fast. You can also squeeze off the juice from garlic and apply it directly to your skin.
- OatmealOne of the reasons why oatmeal is effective in getting rid of acne is because it helps to absorb the oil that is left on the skin. It can also clean the pores if there are some dirt left over after cleaning.- Cook the oatmeal.- You can mix one teaspoon of lemon juice and honey with the cooked oatmeal.- Rub the paste on the affected area on your chest
– Leave it for about 30 minutes
– Rinse the area with some warm water
Avoid Using Chemical Shampoo and Body Wash
Try and keep off from using any products that contain chemicals on your skin as the chemical in such products tend to be irritating to the skin. It is completely not recommended using such in acne prone areas. Instead, don’t use anything at all except water, honey, oatmeal or any other gentle, natural ingredients.
Additional Useful Tips
– Try to avoid smoking as it will make your acne worsen
– Adopt a daily exercise routine. Your skin will get more air to breathe by doing this
– Take a bath more often especially when you come from outside. This is to avoid sweat clogging your skin pores
– When bathing try always to use warm water. Water that is very hot will tend to bring dryness on your skin. This will in return cause the skin to secrete more oil clogging your pores.
With the skin being the largest organ in your body, it is vital that you give it the necessary attention especially when it is under threats such as those of chest acne and other related issues. There may be numerous shiny approaches being advertised today as being effective, and which can help you do away with this condition. However, the natural remedies outlined above are the safest and proven to get rid of chest acne fast.