Are you suffering from a toothache? Do you want to get rid of toothache pain fast and naturally? If your answer is yes, then you are in the right place. Toothaches commonly happen at the time of a cavity or if there is an infection in the gums. It becomes more painful in the central portion of the tooth commonly known as pulp.
It goes without a word that a toothache is at the top of the list for not a –fun time. The good news is, there are some several ways you can use to get rid of toothache pain fast and naturally. If you would wish to learn more about them, read on.
Salt is commonly associated by a majority of people with some negative effects on our bodies such as gaining weight and raising blood pressure. However, salt is necessary and very helpful for our bodies. One of the benefits of salt is that it helps to ease toothache pain. It is quite easy to prepare this treatment.
- Take 2 or 3 teaspoons of salt and place it in glass.
- Add some warm water into the glass.
- Stir for the salt to dissolve.
- Take a gulp of the salty water and swish it in your mouth and then spit it out.
Make sure that you only swish the salty water and should not swallow. Repeat this process any time you have a toothache.
2. Clove Oil
Among all the remedies available for a toothache, clove oil is one of the best. It has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-bacterial and even aesthetic properties that can assist in reducing tooth pain fast. Clove oil is readily available in many drugstores, health store or at your local nutritionist.
- Add two drops of clove oil to a cotton ball.
- Bite it against the tooth that you are feeling pain until the pain decreases.
3. Guava Leaves
Fresh Guava leaves can help in toothache pain relief by reducing inflammation. Moreover, guava leaves are rich in antimicrobial and analgesic properties that can alleviate a toothache. Simply take fresh guava leaves and wash them. Chew them until you feel a reduction of pain. Alternatively, you can boil guava leaves, leave it to cool, add some salt and use it for mouthwash.
Myrrh has got some anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that can help in killing bacteria from a toothache well.
- Simmer a teaspoon of powdered myrrh in two cups of water for about thirty minutes.
- Strain and let it cool.
- Rinse using a teaspoon of the solution in a half cup of water 5 to 6 times daily.
Garlic is considered to be among the natural home remedies for a toothache as it can give an immediate toothache pain relief. Most of us know that garlic contains antibiotic and a myriad of other medical elements that are effective in slowing down bacterial effects. In order to relieve tooth pain:
- Mix some table salt with garlic powder.
- Directly apply the mixture on the painful tooth.
- Repeat this treatment for a few days.
Alternatively, you can directly chew some garlic cloves to reduce pain.
Onions do have antimicrobial and antiseptic components that effectively can control a toothache. It provides relief from pain by attacking the germs that cause infections. If you are suffering from a toothache, you can choose to chew a raw onion for some few minutes to alleviate the pain. If you cannot be able to chew it directly, just place a piece of raw onion directly on the painful tooth.
Asafetida is one of the effective home remedies that help in pain relief for a toothache. It can totally treat dental problems including gums that are bleeding. All you need to do is simple.
- Take a pinch of powdered asafetida, pour it into lemon juice and warm it slightly.
- Apply the mixture directly on the painful tooth for quick relief.
Alternatively, put fried asafetida with butter directly in the tooth cavity to reduce pain.
8. Baking Soda
In the recent days, people know that you can use baking soda to improve hair, skin and health. Baking soda is also an effective remedy for healing a toothache. To apply it:
- Add some little water into the baking soda.
- Use a cotton ball to directly apply it irectly on the painful tooth.
- Repeat this any time you feel some irritation from your tooth.
9. Olive Oil
We all know how beneficial and useful olive oil is. Whether you are applying it or consuming it, olive oil provides health benefits from head to toe. It is a powerful pain reliever. To apply it:
- Take some olive oil and heat it.
- Allow it to cool until it reaches lukewarm level.
- Pour a very small amount in the ear on the side you have a toothache.
It is important to note that you should use a very small amount and should be very careful when pouring it.
10. Massage Your Hand With Ice
You probably might not know this; the key to relieve your toothache might just be on your hands and not your mouth. If you don’t believe this, try rubbing an ice cube on your hand between the index finger and the thumb. This part of the hand is normally considered as the L14 pressure point.
Research revealed that this is the part that interacts with pain from different regions of the body. Research has also shown that massaging your hand with an ice cube will help in reducing toothache as it assists in reducing dental pain fast. It does this by causing cold signals that always interfere with pain signals.
Additional Tips To Get Rid Of Toothache Pain
- If the pain is unbearable you should contact your dentist.
- Try flossing and brushing your teeth gently, it might help reduce pain.
- One remedy that people have been using and you should not follow is aspirin. It will just worsen your condition instead of helping you. Aspirin contains an acid known as acetylsalicylic acid, placing it directly on your teeth or gum will result to corrosion of your teeth and the acid will burn your gums.