Is your baby suffering from skin rashes? If this is the case then do not worry because there are various ways of curing rashes on your toddler at home. The rashes are caused by excessive sweating, allergies, psoriasis, acne, eczema, detergents, soaps, and cosmetics.
If your baby has a persistent skin rash then he or she might be having a fungal, viral, or bacterial infection. As a parent, you have a responsibility of giving your child the best care you can. You can apply these home remedies while parenting to get rid of baby rash fast:
1. Baking Soda
Skin rashes have an inflammation and itching characteristic that will leave your child crying or uncomfortable. This is relieved using baking soda and it also helps in drying out the rashes. Application is as shown:
- Add two bottle tops of baking soda to the same amount of water. Mixture thoroughly and apply it on affected areas. Leave the mixture to dry then rinse the place. The procedure is repeated for some days until your angle heals.
- On the other hand, coconut oil can be used to make a paste when mixed with baking soda. Apply to the affected baby skin and leave this to dry. Rinse using clean water. Repeat until your lovely baby heals.
2. Olive Oil
Extra-Virgin type of olive oil is an awesome skin moisturizer. It promotes skin renewal and healing based on its antioxidants as well as vitamin E content. It can be applied as a remedy for heat rash on babies in the following manner:
- Rub honey mixed with olive oil on affected area severally on a daily basis until the condition is rectified.
- Use turmeric powder instead of honey. Rub on affected skin more than once daily until the skin rashes disappear.
3. Aloe Vera
The remedy has antifungal, anti-inflammatory, emollient and antibacterial characteristics hence it is good for treating skin rashes. It reduces redness and itching as well as providing a soothing effect on the skin. You will be required to:
- Extract its fresh juice.
- Apply on affected skin and leave for twenty minutes.
- Rinse the region.
- Repeat the process until desired results are realized.
Skin inflammation and irritation are reduced because the remedy has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties. It is great on rashes related to poisoning and allergies just to name a few. The procedure is as follows:
- Grind oatmeal and mix with water, which is used to soak affected areas.
- Milk, honey and oatmeal mixture can also be made then a cloth is soaked in it. The cloth is tied around skin rashes.
- Yoghurt, honey, and oatmeal paste should be used on the face and left for half an hour then rinsed. This heals red rash on baby face.
5. Cold Compress
Rashes caused by shingles, insect bites and heat can be dealt with effectively using cold compress. Inflammation, itching and swelling is reduced. The method can heal rashes that are developing into blisters.
- Put ice cubes in a container and place on affected body part. The process is repeated till desired results are achieved.
- Alternatively soak up a possibility piece of cloth in the ice then place it on affected region for ten minutes. It will deal with baby rash on face and other places.
Inflammation and itching is reduced greatly as well as healing is quick. Chamomile has antifungal, antiviral, and antibacterial properties that are helpful in the healing process. Do as directed below to cure skin rashes:
- Soak a soft cotton ball in chamomile tea then compress it on skin rashes for about twenty minutes. Repeat this for some days.
- If you have chamomile essential oil you should dilute it with a carrier oil or simply coconut oil then apply on your baby rashes.
7. Cider Vinegar
Organic and raw cider vinegar is your other reliable remedy. Your child will be healed in a calmer way. The skin infections that can aggravate the rashes are countered by acetic acid content.
- Apply it to affected skin using a cotton ball soaked in cider vinegar.
- Leave it there for some minutes. Repeat the process until baby fever rash are gone.
Calendula herb excellently deals with skin rashes. Its properties include astringent, anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antiviral, and antibacterial components.
- Apply to affected skin and leave it for some time.
- You can also mix it with bath water and soak up your baby.
- Alternately, its lotion and cream works well to a rash on baby cheeks.
Neem tree is known for curing a number of health related complications. It is preferred when treating baby skin rashes because it is analgesic, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and anti-irritant. It also has antioxidants.
- Simmer its leaves in water for twenty minutes then strain the solution. Dip a cotton ball in the solution and put on skin with baby fever rash.
- You can use its soap, cream, and lotion as well. They are cool on red rash on baby face.
This has over time been proven to deal with heat rash on babies and baby fever rash. It possesses the qualities as those of above remedies. It is relaxing and calming due to its sweet scent.
- Make its leaf paste and apply to skin rashes and leave it for some hours. Repeat this daily.
- The boiled seeds are used to make tea taken by your child once on a daily basis.
- Its fresh juice is also a worthy alternative.
In conclusion, these are remedies that you should use as explained and you are at liberty to do some alterations that best suits your child’s condition. However, do not leave baking soda in contact with your baby’s skin for long because it can lead to some irritation. Furthermore, ice cubes should not be placed into direct contact with the skin. On the other hand, cider vinegar should be diluted with water in case of irritation or opt for an alternative method if it persists. In case you are I doubt about any of the above baby skin rashes treatment please consult a medical professional for more insights.