There is nothing that is more annoying and irritating than finding an ingrown hair on your legs. Ingrown hair is more common to people who have got coarse or curly hair, but almost everyone does face this problem at some point in their lives. It is a condition whereby instead of having the hair growing out of the skin, it curls around and grows beneath the skin.
For some people, ingrown hair is very painful and uncomfortable. They are hard to get rid of and sometimes you may feel like it is going to be with you for the rest of your life. However, here are some proven tips on how to get rid of ingrown hair on legs fast.
Not only does salt help in exfoliation, but it also increase the level of blood circulation to enable ingrown hair come out. It also promotes healing and reduces swelling.
- Use lukewarm water to mix one and one-half teaspoons of table salt.
- Use a cotton wall to apply the mixture on the affected area on your legs by rubbing over gently.
- Leave it for some few minutes and then rinse it.
Repeat this every day until the tip of the ingrown hair appears. It is best if you can be doing it before you retire to bed.
Aspirin helps in reducing inflammation and redness. The anti-inflammatory effects of aspirin fights inflammation, reduce swelling and treats a mild infection. Also, the salicylic acid found in aspirin scrubs away dead skin hence loosening the offending hair.
- Take a teaspoon of warm water and soak two tablets of aspirin.
- Add a teaspoon of honey.
- Apply the paste on the area affected on your legs.
- Leave it for about 10 minutes and then wash it away.
Follow this procedure at least once or twice a week. It is important to know that if your skin is sensitive, you should not follow this treatment.
3. Baking Soda
Baking has a soothing effect on the skin. It has some anti-inflammatory effects that are great in reducing the redness caused by ingrown hair. It exfoliates the dead skin cells and relieves itching.
- Mix the baking powder with some water to form a paste.
- Take a cotton ball, use it to apply the mixture on the affected area.
- Leave it for 5 minutes before rinsing it off.
Follow this remedy twice every day.
Sugar is very effective for scrubbing the skin. It can be used to get effectively rid of ingrown hair fast since it gets rid of dead skin on the skins top layer. It also makes your skin silky smooth.
- Use one cup of white sugar and mix it with one-half cup of jojoba oil or olive oil.
- Stir in at least ten drops of lavender or tea tree oil.
- Apply a small amount of the mixture on the affected area.
- Scrub the skin gently for some few minutes in circular motions.
- Rinse it off using lukewarm water.
Follow the process once or twice a week.
5. Black Tea Bags
Black tea is another excellent remedy for ingrown hair. It has got an acid known as the tannic acid that is effective in reducing redness as well as soothing the skin.
- Take warm water and use it to moisten a black tea bag.
- Rub it over the area affected for two to three minutes.
- Repeat the process every day just as needed.
- You can steep the black tea bag in some hot water for some few minutes.
- Squeeze the liquid into a cup.
- Take a teaspoon of the liquid and mix it with coconut water.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the mixture to the affected area.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
Soak cotton in the apple cider vinegar. Apply it directly on the affected area. Give it some few minutes and let the skin absorb it. Wash off the area using lukewarm water and repeat this process at least twice a day.
- Try not to squeeze the ingrown hair; this can either lead to you damaging your skin, breaking through the skin, or making it raw, which can get it, infected making it harder to heal.
- Make sure that you keep the area very clean. Every time you take a shower make sure that you have washed the affected area thoroughly.